Purdue ID Card Office Home of BoilerExpress

Replace My Purdue ID Card

If your Purdue ID card has been lost, stolen or damaged (including a punctured hole in the card), the Purdue ID Card Office can replace it for a $25 fee. Fees are payable by cash, check, credit, debit or BoilerExpress. Note that we do not offer temporary ID cards.

When you come to our office to obtain a replacement card, you will need to know or have documentation of your Purdue University identification (PUID) number or Purdue email address. You must also be able to produce a government-issued photo ID as proof of identity. If you don’t have a government-issued photo ID, you can prove your identity with TWO of the following:

  • Concise class schedule with name and PUID number (electronic or printed).
  • Bursar bill with name and PUID number (electronic or printed).
  • Piece of mail with name and address.
  • Paycheck stub with name and address.
  • Credit or debit card.
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate.
  • Social Security card.
  • Picture ID from another school or university.

Here are a few additional things worth knowing about replacement Purdue ID cards:

  • Departments may choose to pay for a replacement card on a customer’s behalf.
  • Retirees do not have to pay for replacement ID cards.

You can contact our office if you need help troubleshooting your ID card issues.