Purdue employees engaged in any international activities (ex. International travel or working with foreign providers) will find the information in The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) training helpful. This training addresses anti-bribery expectations and it outlines potential personal and university consequences for FCPA violations.
Audience: Faculty and staff conducting international work
Time: 20 minutes
Format: Online only
All Employment Certs are located in SuccessFactors.
- Visit https://one.purdue.edu
- Select ‘Employee Launchpad.’
- Once in the ‘Employee Launchpad,’ select the ‘Learning’ tile.
- If the course is not assigned to you, search for it in the search box under the title, “Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance”.
EmploymentCerts questions or technical issues should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions specific to the training content should be directed to email@example.com.
If this method is utilized, please complete a certification of completion found: FCPA Training Program Completion Certification
International Presence Triggers:
- Are any local nationals going to be hired directly by Purdue for in-country work? (individuals employed by subs need not be included)
- Will travel for any one individual to the foreign country exceed 180 cumulative days throughout a rolling year?
- Will Purdue enter into any foreign rental or lease agreements (i.e. office space)?
- Will Purdue need a bank account in the country?
- Will equipment need to be purchased in the country (i.e. larger than misc. supplies)? Or are items being purchased that will be assembled into something in the country (i.e. to create a ramp or a building)?
- Will anyone have the authority to close contracts on behalf of the University in the country?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, please work with Global Services, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting to discuss the project with the Program Leader/PI.