Third Party Billing Guidelines
Third party or Sponsor Billing is when an organization outside of the university makes a promise or commitment to pay for educational expenses on your behalf. Purdue University accepts Third Party Billing as a form of payment for tuition and fees billed through the Bursar office. A credit is placed on the student’s account as a promise to pay from an eligible sponsor and Purdue will then bill the sponsor directly for the payment.
It is the responsibility of the student to turn in their Sponsor’s Authorization form or letter (Tuition Assistance Authorization, Financial Guarantee, Letterhead from Sponsor, etc.). A temporary credit is placed on the student’s account to await payment of tuition from Sponsor. This allows the student to confirm enrollment and drop/add courses if needed. Invoices will be sent after the last refund period (approximately six weeks after first day of class) and will be due within 30 days. A reminder will be sent to those Sponsors who have invoices with a balance due after 60 days. If payment is not made within 75 days, the Sponsor’s credit will be removed from the student account, a hold will be placed on the student’s record and it will become the responsibility of the student to pay. Both the Student & the Sponsor will be notified prior to removal of the tuition credit in order to resolve any issues.
In order to participate in Sponsor Billing, a student must:
- Submit a billing authorization (Tuition Assistance Authorization, Financial Guarantee, etc.) to Purdue University before the first day of class. The authorization cannot be contingent upon grades for payment.
- Contact the Bursar office of any changes.
- If the authorization lists specific courses, the student must remain registered in those courses unless they make revision with the Sponsor and the Sponsor notifies the Bursar Office.
In order to participate in Sponsor Billing, a Sponsor must:
- Be approved by Purdue University to participate
- Submit payment by the third-party invoice due date.
- Contact the Bursar office if they dispute any part of the invoice (ie: cost, courses, term).
- Report any changes in student’s authorized amount
- Agree to remit payment regardless of grades. We cannot set up a third-party billing if payment is contingent upon grades.
- Contact the Bursar Office to activate their Sponsor Point account and become eligible to receive e-Bills and e-Statements.
Third-party authorizations can be submitted in person, by fax or by email. All authorizations must include:
- Company Name
- Billing Address
- Phone Number and email
- Contact Person
- Name of Student(s) sponsored and PUID number
- Amount authorized or what charges are covered
- Courses covered if specific classes have been approved by Sponsor
- Period of sponsorship or semester(s) covered by authorization
|Carole Perigo||Purdue West Lafayette Campus and International Sponsors|
|Phone: (765) 494-1024|
|Fax: (765) 496-6546|
|Chad Lester||Digital Education and Professional Masters programs|
|Phone: (765) 494-6988|
|Fax: (765) 496-1133|
|Melissa Peterson||Polytechnic Statewide Campus|
|Phone: (765) 494-7573|
|Fax: (765) 496-6546
Purdue is happy to announce an easier way for sponsors to pay/review their accounts.
Introducing SponsorPoint - Sponsors can easily review statements, prepare remittance advice, and make payments online without manual assistance by school staff.
If you would like more information, please click on the link below and fill out the short form.
Sponsors will be able to:
- View statements and payment history online
- Manage account details and user profiles
- Make payments: credit, debit, ACH, or wires
- Use remittance forms to specify payment intent for traditional check payments
- Access online student billing details
- Request early billing invoice
Start enjoying the advantages of this free
online tool. Enroll now!