Bloodborne Pathogens Program
Directed at employees who have the potential for occupational exposure to blood or blood products. A copy of the Purdue Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan can be obtained through Robert Golden.
- Training must take place within 10 days of employment and before there is any blood exposure.
- Training must be conducted by an approved designated trainer or during a monthly scheduled REM training session.
- Training must be conducted annually.
- Training must contain certain elements as prescribed below in part II section B of the Purdue Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Training documentation, Hepatitis B vaccination rosters, and health release authorization forms must be sent to Environmental Health, REM/HAMP.
- Employees completing this training will need to complete the Training and Information Certification.
Bloodborne Pathogen Training Schedule
Day: 3rd Thursday of Month
Time: 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
Location: PUSH B-41
Questions: Contact Robert Golden
Hepatitis B Vaccinations:
- Employees are offered Hepatitis B Vaccinations (HBV) at no cost (REM pays for employees hired before 6/92, the department pays thereafter).
- There are three vaccination injections spanning 6 months followed by a titer.
- Supervisors will need to complete the Department Hepatitis B Vaccination Eligibility List.
- If you have questions concerning controlled substances either contact Robert Golden or Rachael DeRudder.
Refer further questions and requests to Robert Golden.