Office of the Bursar Hovde Hall of Administration

Frequently Asked Questions

Please see below for a list of our most frequently asked questions (FAQ). Click on the question to see our answer.

Students can give parents, legal guardians or other trusted parties access to view certain pieces of their student information online. This access is referred to as proxy access, and the person who is granted this authorization is called a myPurdue proxy. The student controls the entire process through his or her myPurdue portal and can add anyone with a valid email address as a proxy.

For detailed myPurdue proxy information, see myPurdue Proxy FAQ within this website.

Students can add authorized users to their account to view invoices and pay bills online by following the steps below.

  1. Log in to your student secure gateway account.
  2. Click "Add Authorized User" tab.
  3. Enter the email address of the person you wish to authorize. 
  4. Select the access and click continue.
  5. Agree to add authorized user.

The person will be sent an email with a link and password to the secure payment gateway. This will give them the ability to view and pay bills online.

Students can confirm enrollment once the invoices are released and the balance is paid in full, either by personal payments and/or financial aid.

Tuition and fees are always due, paid in full, on the first day of the semester. In the fall and spring semesters, cancellation is the Monday after the start of classes. If the student has not paid in full by 4 p.m. the Monday after classes start, he or she will be subject to registration cancellation. Summer cancellation varies depending on the length of the modules. There will be email notifications sent to the student's Purdue email address notifying them of any pending issues or of cancellation.

You can pay your bill in several ways. See below for details.

  • You can pay online through your myPurdue account with a checking or savings account as an electronic check, free of charge. Another option is to pay online with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. However, there is a convenience fee of 2.85 percent when paying via credit card.

    NOTE: If making a payment online, please visit the Make a Payment page on this website for detailed instructions.

  • You can pay by check, traveler's check or cashier's check in person or by mail. Pay in person at the teller window on the ground floor of Hovde Hall, or by dropping the check in our drop box beside Door 9 in Hovde Hall. By mail, send your check to:

    Office of the Bursar
    Hovde Hall
    610 Purdue Mall
    West Lafayette, IN 47907-2040

  • You can send a wire transfer as payment on your account. Please make sure to include your Purdue ID number on the wire transfer. Visit our International & Wire Transfer Payment Options page for more details.

REMINDER: Be sure to include the student's PUID number on all checks or wire transfers.

Mail all bills to:

Office of the Bursar
Hovde Hall
610 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2040

REMINDER: Be sure to include the student's Purdue ID number on all checks.

No. We do not have the capability of processing credit card or debit card payments in our office. Credit card payments must be done online and are subject to a 2.85% convenience fee for processing.

REMINDER: Do not use a debit card as a credit card in order to avoid the 2.85% processing fee.

Please make sure that you do not use your debit card as a credit card for payment. Instead, use the electronic check option by entering your routing number and account number from your checking account and make the payment online. Or, you can bring a check, money order, or cashier’s check to the teller window on the first floor of Hovde Hall.

In order for a refund to process, the student must be in "Accepted" status. Financial aid refunds are dependent upon financial aid having been fully processed and received by the University. The Bursar's Office will begin the refund process once it is released to the student’s account. If the refund is the result of an overpayment of a personal payment on the student’s account, it is held 14 days before refunding.

To see when a refund was disbursed, please check your "Account Activity" on your myPurdue page. Direct deposit refunds (labeled UACH) are done every day, Monday through Friday, and take 24-48 hours to credit your bank account. Paper check refunds (labeled URFD) are done once a week, on Fridays. Contact the Office of the Bursar by calling 765-494-7570 or visiting Room 5 of Hovde Hall for additional information.

This information can be found through a student's myPurdue account via Purdue's secure payment gateway. In the "Financial" tab, under "Manage My Account," go to the "Payment" tab and then to the "Payment History" link. From there, you can indicate the time period that you would like to search for information, or filter by various types of information.

Authorized users, other than students, must log in through Purdue's secure payment gateway. to gain access and obtain information. Once in the account, follow the directions above.

Please visit your myPurdue account to determine which type of hold has been placed on your account. Holds are located under the "Academic" or "Financial" tabs under "Do I have any Holds?" Please make sure to review the contact list and to contact the correct office in charge of the hold on your account.

If you have a "Banner Accounts Receivable" hold, please make sure it is not due to a past due balance on your account. You can check this through your myPurdue account. In the "Bills & Payments" tab, under "Manage My Account," go to the "Account Activity" tab to check current and past semesters. This should show any charges that are past due.

If the hold is a "No Direct Deposit auth on file" hold, this is an internal hold to let us know that you haven't signed up for direct deposit of refunds through myPurdue. You can access direct deposit information from the secure gateway. The sole function of this hold is to advise you that direct deposit is available for Bursar-administered accounts. It does not prohibit registration, graduation, grades, transcripts, etc.