TooCOOL Storefront - Creating Items
- Log into your MyPurdue Portal
- Resource Tab
- Student Services Tab then choose BOSO/COOL Tab
- Choose Organization Name and Account
- Click on the E-COMMERCE BUTTON on the left hand side in the middle of the screen.
- “Catalog Items In Process” Tab Next Click on Add Icon
- You should already have the image of the item loaded into your computer.
- “Thumbnail Image” Browse computer for image of item. All items must have image.
- “Item Description Brief” of item. Shows on Store Front.
- “Category” choose from drop down menu.
- “Income Accounts” choose from drop down menu.
- “Sales Tax” is calculated by the income code. When pricing your item you need to mark up your item at least 20% plus shipping costs – See #16.
- “Item cost” - cost per item.
- “Units” for your item, i.e. each, box, pair, none.
- “Shipping Costs” are to be calculated by the club. (Make sure and calculate all of your costs involved in shipping the items). The club is responsible to do all shipping. Shipping option is not required. Leave “Shipping Cost” blank if no shipping charges.
- “Shipping Cost Per” choose either item or order.
- “Start & End Date” refers to the time period your item is available for sale.
- “Immediate Electronic Charge” needs to be checked so the credit card is charged.
- “Serialize Item” Order for item has quantity 10, serialization allows the club to track when each of the 10 items are completed. They wanted a way to purchase 10 movie rentals and track when each redemption took place. So serialization allows to track the delivery or use of each item. Serialized items have scanable, unique, barcodes.
- “Generate Certificate” Creates a ticket. Must have image for item and organization loaded to generate ticket. Tickets have scanable, unique, barcodes. This is an add on feature to serialization that just adds the ticket feature.
- “Item Description Full “of item. You will want to put the information regarding pickup location of item and other instructions for the customer here in this section, can be in HTML format for email and URL.
- “Active” will put the item on your storefront once BOSO audits and approves the item. On/Off Switch for the Store Front.
- “Non Store Front Item” (Should only be checked if given approval to use this item by BOSO staff)
- “Members Only Area” needs to be checked if you want to sell to members only. Customers are required to request membership. Item is restricted to someone who has “Member Only” access. Individual requested “Member Only” access and the club approved it. Item can not be seen by Non-Members.
- “Limit to University Email” customers can only purchase if they use their university email accounts.
- “Allow Customer Note” needs to be checked if you want the customer to make a note.
- “Limit Individual Purchase or Quantity” only if your club wants to limit purchases or quantity per person in a single order. This also checks previous orders for the customer.
- “Limit Order Purchase” needs to be checked if you want this for your item.
- “Limit Order Purchase Quantity” needs to be checked if you want this for your item.
- “Nothing to Pickup”/“Pickup Only” refers to item will only be available for pickup.
- “Allow item to be Picked Up” no Shipping charges will be charged on item. Customer will have option when purchasing.
- “Pick Up Location” List the location where the item will be available for customers.
- “Note” section to make a note to other officers or to BOSO. Message goes on Store Front.
- “Internal Note” section to make a note to other officers or to BOSO. Does not show on Store Front.
- Click “Continue”
- “Thumbnail Image” (JPGS only) Need to put a picture or image of your item here.
- “Email Notice to Officers for Approval” Check the box if want message sent to other club officers.
- “INVENTORY” Tab choose the “Add Icon” This is how you build your inventory based on purchases to track inventory in TooCOOL.You can add as many inventory items as you need.
- Enter “ Description” name
- Click “Active Box”
- Click “Sales Limit Enable” this will stop sales on store front once you run out of that particular inventory item.
- Enter “Sales Limit Number” Clubs CANNOT back order. Inventory Items available. All items must be on hand-in stock.
- Chose “Size” and “Color” for item.
- Complete additional inventory lines if necessary.
- Click Save
Once the item is approved by BOSO it appears under the “Catalog Items” Tab and will automatically go to storefront.
Ecommerce storefronts can have up to 2 additional officers that will not have Banking access only ecommerce access to maintain the storefront. E-Commerce Officers must be listed on your Boilerlink Registration.
Fulfilling Orders is done on “Orders In Process” Tab choose “Edit” Icon checking “Shipped/Delivered” Box then completion Individual and Completion Date will automatically fill with person’s name who is signed into COOL processing the orders. All orders must be tracked and fulfilled and accounted for. “Backorders” are not allowed. A “No Refunds” statement may be placed on your storefront. Refunds can be processed on E-Commerce.
“Member Requests” Tab is where individuals can request to be members of your store, and your club needs to accept or reject these individuals.
Club will receive an email when items are purchased. The purchases will also be in the “Items in Process” tab.