Remote Work Reimbursement
Reimbursement of expenses for remote staff required to travel to campus is contingent on the employee’s agreement and date of hire. The below guidelines should be used to determine when reimbursement of travel expense is allowable.
Employees hired on or after April 1, 2020 in positions classified as 100% remote will be eligible for travel reimbursement to campus for University business if all of the following criteria is met:
- The employee’s supervisor mandates the travel.
- The employee’s offer letter includes language detailing the terms of when reimbursement of travel expenses is allowable. Offers that were issued after April 1, 2020, that do not include this information should be handled through the exception process detailed below. For future offer letters, the hiring manager should work with their talent acquisition specialist for specific language regarding travel reimbursement.
- The employee’s remote work location is greater than a four-hour drive and/or includes an overnight stay.
Employees hired before April 1, 2020 who were later granted 100% remote status and chose to relocate away from campus will not be reimbursed for travel expenses if returning to campus for University business. Additionally, employees working 100% on campus or in a hybrid position are not eligible for travel reimbursement for trips to campus.
Refer to the Travel for University Business policy section on Exceptions for reimbursement requests that do not meet all of the above criteria.
- ADA Accommodations
- Bowl Travel
- Business Leaves Extending 22 Days
- Business Travel with Personal Time Included
- Cash Advances
- Cost Comparison Requirements
- Drive vs. Fly
- Employee and Approving Manager Responsibility
- General Information
- Ground Transportation and Parking
- International Travel
- Missing/Lost Receipts
- Moving Allowances
- No-Cost Travel
- Other Allowable Expenses
- Personal Car Usage
- Privately Owned, Leased or Chartered Aircraft
- Rental Car
- Travel on Sponsored Program Funds (Fund – 46010000)
- University Vehicle
- Remote Work Reimbursement