Research and Partnerships
Few universities can match the depth and breadth of Purdue's research capabilities and talent. As you explore our world-changing research, you'll quickly see why Purdue is a national and global leader in discovery and innovation.
- 2018 Conference on Data Science for Business and Economics
- Integrative Data Science Initiative Oral Presentations
- Discovery Park Distinguished Lecturer: Arup K. Chakraborty, How to Hit HIV Where it Hurts
- Discovery Park Distinguished Lecturer: Venkatesh Narayanamurti, Bridging the Basic-Applied Dichotomy and the Cycles of Invention and Discovery
- Data Science in the Life Sciences Symposium
Research at Purdue
- Forget cell phone screens, a high-tech sleeve is all you’ll need to read in the not-so-distant future
- Mapping the brain with data science: Visualizing neural connections gives new insights into disease
- Ag economists: Labeling decreases opposition to genetically engineered food
- Purdue engineers find twisting cracks that impart superhero toughness to animals
- This plant scientist has discovered a possible self-destruct switch for turning genes on and off
Record research funding
Purdue University achieved another record year of sponsored research funding, reaching $418.3 million in fiscal year 2017, topping the previous year’s record of $403 million.
The total includes funding from federal agencies, foundations, nonprofit organizations and industry received during the fiscal year completed on June 30.
Suresh Garimella, Purdue’s executive vice president for research and partnerships, says the record reflects the quality, creativity and tenacity of the University’s faculty.
The record year comes as Purdue penned historic agreements with such giants as Eli Lilly and Co., Rolls-Royce, Microsoft Corp., and Ford Motor Co.