Research and Partnerships
Few universities can match the depth and breadth of Purdue's research capabilities and talent. As you explore our world-changing research, you'll quickly see why Purdue is a national and global leader in discovery and innovation.
Research at Purdue
- Multiple strains of parasites can make infections worse: Purdue research
- Wearable ‘microbrewery’ saves people from radiation damage
- Study: Airbnb benefits white neighborhoods; not so for black and Hispanic areas
- Early puberty in white adolescent boys increases substance use risk: Purdue research
- Nanoscope shows amyloid plaques of Alzheimer’s in high resolution
Record research funding
Purdue University achieved another record year of sponsored research funding, reaching $418.3 million in fiscal year 2017, topping the previous year’s record of $403 million.
The total includes funding from federal agencies, foundations, nonprofit organizations and industry received during the fiscal year completed on June 30.
Suresh Garimella, Purdue’s executive vice president for research and partnerships, says the record reflects the quality, creativity and tenacity of the University’s faculty.
The record year comes as Purdue penned historic agreements with such giants as Eli Lilly and Co., Rolls-Royce, Microsoft Corp., and Ford Motor Co.