Apply to be an Ambassador
The Office of Undergraduate Research seeks students who have completed or are conducting undergraduate research to serve as OUR Ambassadors. Ambassadors should represent diverse academic disciplines across campus – ALL majors are encouraged to apply. The Purdue OUR Ambassador program is an academic-year commitment.
Students can apply to be an OUR Ambassador through the online application. Students will be chosen to complete an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors, including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences. If selected, ambassadors are expected to attend an orientation and training session in February 2023. Those interested should consider the expectations of an ambassador.
Active, positive participation as a Purdue OUR Ambassador includes benefits such as:
- A great resumé- and CV-building experience with a focus on oral and written community, teamwork, and self-motivation.
- Opportunity to network with Purdue faculty and academic professionals.
- A professional recommendation letter from a non-academic source.
- An Office of Undergraduate Research polo.
- A $200 fellowship at the end of each semester after meeting expectations.
Note: Ambassadors will not be asked to miss class to participate in events.
APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2023 ARE CLOSED
PDF of the application.
Final decisions will be made by the Office of Undergraduate Research. For questions regarding OUR Ambassadors, contact the OUR Associate Director JJ Sadler at firstname.lastname@example.org.