Online Course Series
The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts online courses for prospective and current undergraduate researchers. The series is currently being developed with one course available for current undergraduate researchers. To register for this course, please register or contact UGResearch@purdue.edu to complete a Form 23.
GS 29501 (CRN 24012) Fall 2018
This course is for current Purdue undergraduate researchers to hone skills necessary for successfully reflecting on and completing the experience. During this course, students will utilize their research experience to apply skills such as managing time with a research project, communicating your research, utilizing Purdue Libraries' resources, and providing feedback to peer researchers. Students will deliver and critique research elevator pitches about their own project.
Course Learning Goals:
- Communicate research to various audiences with a research elevator pitch and a research abstract
- Provide constructive feedback and interact with peers and apply comments to your work
- Define skills/attributes from your undergraduate research experience
- Develop and expand a network of researchers within your unit and among other peer researchers’
- Reflect on and apply transferable skills necessary to be a successful undergraduate researcher