Benefits of Publishing Undergraduate Scholarship
- Although undergraduate work explores most of the research cycle, it often fails to address the dissemination aspect of scholarship. This is an opportunity to participate in the dissemination process and round out your experience working with the entire research cycle.
- Future employers value examples of an applicant’s ability to research, analyze, and synthesize. Published works can provide a powerful example of these traits to future employers.
- Examples of published outputs are impressive on graduate school applications.
- Published works such as these represent successes in networking with professors and other researchers—also valued by graduate schools and future employers.
- Published works demonstrate initiative and leadership.
(Provided by: Nina Collins, Purdue Scholarly Publishing Specialist)
Purdue Undergraduate Publishing Opportunities
The Journal of Purdue Undergraduate Research (JPUR) has been established to publish outstanding research papers written by Purdue undergraduates from all disciplines who have completed faculty-mentored research projects. The journal is run by students, but behind the scenes is a unique partnership between Purdue University Press and other departments of Purdue University Libraries, working with Purdue Marketing and Media and the Writing Lab, based in the Department of English. Publication of JPUR is sponsored by the Office of the Provost at Purdue University. Click here to access JPUR
The Purdue Journal of Service-Learning (PJSL), a multi-disciplinary Open Access journal available in print and online, is dedicated to students who conduct projects with strong service-learning and academic civic engagement aspects. By involving students in an intensive writing activity and showcasing the opportunities available at Purdue, the journal will enhance the use and effectiveness of the pedagogy of service-learning as a high-impact learning methodology. Click here to access PJSL
- Get Started
- Search Opportunities
- Online Course Series
- OUR Scholars
- What Current Undergraduate Researchers Are Saying
- Research Roundtable
- Undergrad Research Pitch Competition
- Get Published
- Market Your Research Experience
- Schedule an Appointment
- Undergraduate Research Society of Purdue