Financial Planning & Analysis
The Financial Planning & Analysis performs the following activities:
- Coordinates and administers a system-wide operating budget.
- Prepares special studies and financial models that support financial decision making and planning activities for all Purdue campuses.
- Compiles system-wide revenue and expenditure forecasts.
- Prepares the biennial operating budget request to the State of Indiana.
- Supports Office of Governmental Relations and other senior administrators in advancing the institution's need for State support.
- Responds to requests for financial information from state, federal or other agencies and organizations.
Also provides oversight for:
Business Management coordinates and supervises all business aspects of the University's academic departments, schools, and administrative units. Business Management is the link between academic departments or units and other areas of Business Services. More than 100 staff, including Directors of Financial Affairs, Business Managers, and Research Support Specialists at the West Lafayette Campus support and serve the University's Vice Presidents, Deans, Department Heads, Faculty, and other staff.
ComptrollerThe Comptroller area manages a variety of financial procedures through the departments highlighted below:
- Accounting and Reporting Services
- Payroll Services
- Student & Receivables Business Services (formerly University Collections Office)
Freehafer Operations Provides services to customers, both internal and external to Freehafer, with timely and accurate response to requests.
Office of Financial Affairs, Executive Offices
The Office of Financial Affairs, Executive Offices manages the business affairs of the following administrative offices and programs:
- Office of the Provost
- Secretary of Faculties
- Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE)
- Space Management and Academic Scheduling (SMAS)
- Latino Cultural Center (LCC)
- Oral English Proficiency Program (OEPP)
- Undergraduate Studies Program (USP)
- Office of the Board of Trustees
- Office of the President
- Institutional Research
- Office of the Executive Vice President and Treasurer
- Internal Audit
- Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance (VPEC)
- Affirmative Action Office
- Diversity Resource Office
- Women’s Resource Office
- Dual Career Assistance Program
- Office of the Vice President for Governmental Relations
- Washington Office
- Indianapolis Office
The goal of Procurement Services is to purchase goods and services from reputable and qualified vendors at the lowest cost and on a timely basis. Purchasing fulfills these functions:
- Works directly with campus customers to assist them in product selection and to offer advice on procurement-related activities
- Develops and maintains standards for items commonly used on campus
- Complies with various state and federal procurement guidelines
- Houses an interior design studio that works with campus customers to accommodate their remodeling and furnishing needs
Sponsored Program Services
Sponsored Program Services facilitates the fiscal management of externally funded sponsored programs at Purdue University by performing these functions:
- Coordinates the development of University policies and procedures for sponsored programs
- Approves project budgets prior to submission to potential sponsors
- Negotiates contract and grant agreements with sponsor organizations
- Provides oversight to ensure effective administration of sponsored projects
- Maintains a liaison with contract and audit representatives of individual sponsors
- Participates in contract and grant issues at the national level
Banking, cash management and payment card solutions for today’s operations; Financing for tomorrow’s growth.
- Develop and maintain high quality, cost effective cash management and banking solutions
- Forecast the cash needs of the university and ensure appropriate liquidity exists to meet those needs
- Deliver payment card and e-commerce solutions in an innovative, cost effective and secure manner
- Minimize the cost of borrowing
- Manage the best and highest use of debt capacity to support institutional priorities