Welcome to the Comptroller's Office
Our Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct the administrative and operational activities associated with the collection and disbursement of funds and the recording of all financial transactions of the University.
- Assure the establishment and monitoring of appropriate procedures, processes, and systems to assure the University books of account and other reporting documents reflect an accurate and true financial record of the University in total; and in the various operating units in particular, in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor appropriate procedures, processes, and systems to assure appropriate controls on all University financial transactions
- Manage the University's understanding of and compliance with external reporting requirements such as accounting standards and state and federal tax laws
- Assure the University assets and activities are adequately protected through appropriate risk management procedures. This includes the purchase of commercial insurance coverage for protection from catastrophic loss, a fully funded self-insurance plan for selected deductibles and self-insured programs, and other loss prevention activities.