Proposal Credit Split information records the amount of individual credit for each named Investigator and how that credit should be distributed to their corresponding departments. Proposal Credit refers to the total responsibility an Investigator has for the selected project and has nothing to do with time and/or effort. Assigned Credit is determined by the investigators on the proposal and in the event of multiple appointments, the impacted departments will determine the proper distribution.

bullet Open Credit Split


1. Open the desired Proposal Development record in Display

2. Click on the Investigator Tab

3. Click the "Credit Split" button found on the right side of the screen.

bullet Departmental Credit

Each individual named on the Investigator Tab will also be listed in the Credit Split window along with their respective Units that are assigned. Individual Investigator credit for the project is assigned in the row that corresponds with the appropriate name. Investigator credit must always total 100%.


The Departmental Credit column indicates how the assigned Investigator's credit is distributed to their corresponding Units. Listed units will each receive a percentage of the Investigator's credit, which must be completely distributed and also equal 100%.


Example: TOMPKINS, CHRISTOPHER M will receive 50% credit on this proposal. Of that, 25% (of the 50% total) will be allocated to Sponsored Prog Svcs and 75% (of the 50% total) will be allocated to Elec & Computer Engr.

bullet Discovery Park Credit


Discovery Park Credit is maintained in the same fashion as Departmental Credit and is a completely separate gauge of credit. Discovery Park units will be listed in addition to the Investigator's departments and these rows only should have percentage distributions listed. No home unit rows should have credit listed in the Discovery Park column.


NoteNOTE: If the proposal is not being managed by Discovery Park, the Discovery Park Credit column will display all zeros.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

2014 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Sponsored Program Services

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Sponsored Program Services at