The Research Quality Assurance Unit (RQAU) acts as a liaison with auditors in handling all audit requests for information and facilitating the coordination of the actual audit. During the audit process, the RQAU staff are available to answer any questions the auditors may have. The staff will communicate audit status to all key areas involved in the particular audit.
The RQAU will develop a corrective action response to any audit findings or weaknesses.
Work closely with the Sponsored Program Services support area and the Business Systems Support Group representatives to ensure reports are developed or updated as needed to assist in minimizing compliance and audit risks.
Examples of audits are:
- A-133 (Audit of compliance with requirements applicable to each major program and internal control in accordance with OMB Circular A-133). Effective for audits through June 30, 2015.
- Annual Uniform Guidance (UG) single audit conducted in accordance with §200.514 Scope of Audit. The Audit Requirements detailed within the UG apply to audits of fiscal years beginning on or after December 26, 2014. For Purdue, that is July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016.
- Audits being conducted by Internal Audit related to Sponsored Programs
- Sponsor closing audits on specific projects. This includes any federal, state, foreign sponsor, industrial or foundation.
- Sponsor audits of certain criteria. Examples include:
- Government-owned equipment on a specific project
- Mid project audit of expenses
If the SPS Post-Award area or the Ag Field Office are notified of an External Audit, they should follow the Guide for Response to External Audits.