- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Proposal Preparation
- 3 Templates & Sponsor Resources
- 4 Proposal Submission
- 5 Frequently Requested Information & FAQ's
- 6 Post-Submission
Enter Sponsor Deadline
Our mission and structure
Pre-Award supports the University community in proposal development through value-added, high-quality service and professional partnerships with Principal Investigators in order to facilitate world-changing research.
Our proposal specialists work collaboratively with PIs and the Office of Research and Partnerships’ Proposal Development team to prepare grant applications, serving as a dedicated central resource in all matters related to University and sponsor policies for proposal development and submission.
Pre-Award specialists provide the following services in the support of PIs:
- Review sponsor guidelines, identify key requirements
- Assist with budget preparation, related documentation and proposal submission forms
- Prepare required sponsor administrative forms
- Ensure that all Purdue information included within the proposal is accurate and complete
- Contact and collaborate with partner institutions to secure all necessary subcontract documentation
- Assure all regulatory requirements and export control issues are identified
- Review the final proposal package to ensure all administrative requirements have been met
- Obtain academic approvals and provide institutional approval for the proposal
- Complete the final submission package, upload final documents and forms, and submit to the sponsor
Our pledge for priority proposal processing
To take full advantage of Pre-Awards services and qualify for priority proposal processing, a PI must follow the timelines listed in the table below.
|Processing Timeline||Due to Pre-Award|
|1. Initial notification/initial budget request||3 weeks (15 business days) in advance|
|2. Final budget, justification, and draft proposal/SOW||1 week (5 business days) in advance|
|3. Final documents for submission (excl. final SOW)||2 business days (16 hours) in advance|
|4. Final SOW/project description/research strategy||1 business day (8 hours) in advance|
|SOW = Statement of Work|
In the cases where proposals are due outside normal business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), 5 p.m. EST of the day of the deadline should be considered the official submission deadline. If a PI is unable to meet the processing timeline, every effort will be made by Pre-Award to submit a PI’s proposal to the sponsor by the stated deadline. However, Pre-Award may not be able to perform all services listed under our Service-Level Agreement in the shortened timeframe. Proposals processed within the expected timeline will take precedence over those that are outside the expected timeline and will be handled on a first-come first-served basis.