As an integral part of Sponsored Program Services mission of administering research, Contracting enters into the University’s contractual obligations arising from research and related activities. Contracting’s staff communicate with faculty members, university personnel, and the research sponsors to ensure that agreements are entered into with full understanding and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies in a tactful and timely manner.
Contracting handles various types of agreements, including:
- Grants from federal and state government
- Research contracts with industrial sponsors
- Confidentiality agreements (nondisclosure, proprietary, and confidentiality agreements)
- Material transfer agreements
- International collaboration agreements