Office of Legal Counsel


Sponsored Program Services Contracting works closely with Purdue’s Office of Legal Counsel (“OLC”) when negotiating and documenting complex sponsored research agreements.  In addition, the OLC assists our group by handling various agreements that are not central to Purdue’s research support function.  We refer to these as “non-core” agreements, as they are not directly tied to sponsored research funding and do not require any involvement/management from SPS’ Pre-Award and Post Award offices.  Below is a list of some standard non-core agreements that should be routed to OLC to review.  If you have any questions related to the agreements below or if you need any new documents reviewed, please complete the OLC Intake Form and provide a detailed description of the request and all appropriate documents and a representative from OLC will reach out to assist.


Facility Use Agreements

Equipment Use/Transfer Agreements

Technical Assistance Agreements

Student Affiliation Agreements

Academic Subscription or Content Agreements

Study Abroad*/Student Exchange*/Recruitment Agency Agreements

International LOIs, MOUs and Collaboration Agreements**

Editorship Agreements

Visiting Scholar/Scientist Agreements

Business Associate Agreements

Student Capstone Projects and associated NDAs

Purdue Online and Purdue Global

Data Mine Agreements

Software User/License Agreements***


*For Purdue-West Lafayette, these agreements are drafted in conjunction with the Office of Programs for Study Abroad; please contact in favor of completing an OLC Intake Form.

**These agreements are first reviewed by Office of Global Partnerships. Please see procedures and fill out information collection form here.

***Route to Rich Murphy in Procurement



Office of Legal Counsel website:

Office of Legal Counsel attorneys and staff:

OLC contact: OLC Intake Form.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

2014 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Sponsored Program Services

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Sponsored Program Services at