A student organization may provide prizes for activities such as judged contests, organized athletic events and games of skill. An Activity Planning Form must be submitted in Boilerlink with clarification of the event and the types and approximate values of prizes to be awarded.
The Prizes Form is required for payment processing for all prize awards.
- Prizes that are tangible items such as tablets, iPads, etc:
- Tangible prizes require an IRS W-9 form to be completed by prize recipient if the single item value is $101.00 or more in value. The IRS W-9 form should be completed and signed by the prize recipient and physically delivered or mailed to BOSO at Krach Room 365. DO NOT send W-9 via email as it contains personal identifying information. A Prize form must also be completed and submitted to BOSO in addition to the W-9 form(s). The organization officers are to complete the prize form. The prize form and W-9’s must be received by BOSO in order for the prizes to be purchased or expense reimbursed.
- Monetary Prizes/Awards for Purdue University students/employees:
- ALL Monetary prizes for Purdue University students and/or employees will be awarded through Financial Aid.
- The Prizes Form-Purdue Student requires the names and PUID’s of the winners and dollar amount to be awarded. The Prize form must be received by BOSO in order for the prize to the winner to be processed through Financial Aid. International students may be required to complete information on the Tax Department’s Glacier Reporting System.
- Students may be subject to reduced financial aid if they accept an Award, Prize or Gift for appreciation or recognition from a college, school, department, office or other unit of the University. Be sure to check with the recipient prior to making the award distribution.
- Monetary Prizes for Non Purdue students/recipients:
- The Prizes Form-Non Purdue Students and an IRS W-9 from each prize winner must be submitted to BOSO to award prizes to Non-Purdue recipients. Once BOSO has received the Prize form and IRS W-9, the president or treasurer must process a payment request in the COOL system for payment approval.
- Prizes of $2,501.00 or more must be routed to the University Comptroller for approval.
Plaques and trophies may also be given as awards of recognition in contests and tournaments. The Prizes Form is not required if only plaques and trophies are being awarded.
- Officer Changes
- Accounting Documents
- Operating Procedures
- Accountability of Funds
- Deposit of Funds
- Expenditure Procedures
- Payment to Individuals
- Payment to Vendors
- Check Advance and Change Fund Requests
- Payment for Travel Expenses
- Purdue University Bills
- Equipment Purchase Form
- Insurance (Liability, Medical, Auto)
- Sales Tax
- Scholarships Awarded to Purdue Students
- Games of Chance / Games of Skill
- Gift Policy
- Split Charity Events
- Meals / Food / Tips
- Interest and Fees
- Accounting Functions