Got Nature? Blog

Posted on January 29th, 2016 in | Comments Off on I have a sick or injured wild animal. What do I do?

In Indiana, wildlife rehabilitators have necessary state and federal permits to house and care for sick or injured wild animals. No federal or state agencies will provide care for sick and injured animals. Since wild animals can carry diseases that are dangerous to people, direct contact with wildlife is discouraged. In some cases, a veterinarian or wildlife biologist may want to diagnose a particular disease. The Purdue University Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (765-494-7440) offers testing of wild animals for a fee. They will provide directions on how to prepare and send samples.

The following are links related to sick and injured wildlife:

Related Posts:
Share this Post:
Got Nature?