Megan Shidler, RD
RD – Registered Dietitian
Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) – Dietetics & Nutrition, Fitness,
and Health (4 years)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) – Coordinated Program in
Dietetics (1 year)
- Supervised Practice Sites
- WIC (Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) – Montgomery and Benton counties
- Logansport Memorial Hospital (Foodservice and Clinical) – Logansport, IN
- Franciscan Healthy Living Center (Diabetes Education) – Lafayette, IN
- Disease prevention
- Weight loss
- Plant-based eating
- Cooking/Meal prep
Length of time at CHL:
Before coming to the CHL in 2018, I worked at Mulberry Health, a long-term care and rehab facility. I enjoyed serving that population, but really wanted to work more on the preventative side of health care.
Why do you like working at the CHL?
It is so rewarding to see the progress that clients make! I love sharing what I know about nutrition and wellness.
Philosophy of care:
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” -- Hippocrates
I truly believe that food is a powerful medicine that can cure and prevent disease. I strive to help people better understand nutrition and make practical changes toward improving their diet.
What do you like to do when you’re not at the CHL?
I love spending time with my husband (Curt) and baby girl (Ryann). We like to go for bike rides and stroller rides outside when the weather is nice. I also enjoy cooking and trying new recipes (and using food that we grow in the garden).
Fun fact about me:
I find that cutting fruits/vegetables is a good stress reliever for me.
- William K. Adair, MD, FACP
- Chelsea M. Baker, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
- Lindsay Bloom
- Nisha Bogosian, BSN, MSN, FNP-C
- Erika Burchett
- Karly Corns
- Melissa Covarrubias
- Amanda Hathcock, LLPC, NCC
- Melanie Kyle
- Cheryl A. Laszynski, RN, BSN, MBA, CHWC, AE-C
- Natasha Lathrop
- Ethan Malcom
- Jordan Blanchard Myers, PA-C
- Emily Newton
- Altie Pelto
- Kimberly Porter, MSN, RN, FNP-BC
- Dr. Esteban Ramirez
- Brenda Rudd
- Ronald Shelton, MD, FACP
- Megan Shidler, RD
- Kristen Slaughterbeck, RN, BSN
- Neil Smith
- Whitney Soto, BSN, RN
- Jamie L. Woodyard, PharmD, BCACP