The Center for Healthy Living offers a wide range of services to treat common illnesses, manage chronic conditions, provide preventive care and promote overall health.
Treatment for Common Illnesses
- Abdominal pain, stomachache
- Colds, coughs, flu
- Eye, ear, nose and throat infections
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Rashes, skin conditions (minor)
- Sinus infections, sinusitis
Primary Care and Wellness
ALLERGY SHOT PROCESS
IMPORTANT: The following steps must be completed before they can schedule an appointment to receive allergy injections by CHL medical personnel.
- Patient, along with their allergist must complete forms 1-4 (Patient's allergist must sign form 2)
- Patient must schedule an appointment and establish care with a CHL provider.
- After establishing care, CHL provider will review forms 1-4. CHL provider will sign form 4 if the patient is approved to receive allergy injections by CHL medical personnel.
- Patient may schedule an appointment with CHL medical personnel once the above mentioned criteria has been met. PLEASE NOTE: If starting new serum(s), patient must receive their first 2 injections at their allergist office.
Form 1: Allergy Injection Consent Form
Form 4: Allergy Medical History Form
- Annual physical exams, including
- sports physicals and well woman and well man exams
- Personal medical consultation for high-risk conditions
- Certain vaccinations, allergy shots and immunizations, including personal travel immunizations
- Employee assistance counseling
- Blood pressure checks
- Cancer screening
- Cholesterol screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Bloodwork via a Tier 1 Lab
- Management of chronic health conditions such as hypertension and diabetes
- Care coordination
- Health coaching
- Registered dietitian services
- Lifestyle risk factor counseling
- Medication therapy management services
- Tobacco Cessation
Lab work /Tier 1 Lab
The Center for Healthy Living offers comprehensive lab services (preventive screenings and diagnostic testing) via its Tier1 lab. Tier 1 labs provide the best lab benefit on your Purdue medical plan.