The Center for Healthy Living offers a wide range of services to treat common illnesses, manage chronic conditions, provide preventive care and promote overall health.
Treatment for Common Illnesses
- Abdominal pain, stomachache
- Colds, coughs, flu
- Eye, ear, nose and throat infections
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Rashes, skin conditions (minor)
- Sinus infections, sinusitis
Primary Care and Wellness
- Allergy shot process:
- Forms (1-4) will be completed by the patient and/or allergist (with the allergist signing form 2).
- Patient is to schedule an appointment with a CHL provider to establish care.
- CHL provider will review forms 1-4 and sign form 4, which shows approval to receive allergy injections by medical personnel at the CHL.
- Patient may schedule with CHL medical personnel when above steps are completed (if new serums, patient is to receive first 2 injections with their allergist’s office)
- Annual physical exams, including sports physicals and well woman and well man exams
- Personal medical consultation for high-risk conditions
- Certain vaccinations, allergy shots and immunizations, including personal travel immunizations
- Employee assistance counseling
- Blood pressure checks
- Cancer screenings
- Cholesterol screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Bloodwork via a Tier 1 Lab
- Management of chronic health conditions such as hypertension and diabetes
- Care coordination
- Health coaching
- Registered dietitian services
- Lifestyle risk factor counseling
- Medication therapy management services
- Tobacco Cessation
Lab work /Tier 1 Lab
The Center for Healthy Living offers comprehensive lab services (preventive screenings and diagnostic testing) via its Tier1 lab. Tier 1 labs provide the best lab benefit on your Purdue medical plan.