Cognos Authors Links and Resources
- Cognos Resources Page
- Cognos Departmental Folder Administrator's User Guide
- Dimensional Modeling 101
These videos will interest beginner report writers. These videos will provide assistance with creating a variety of reports, sorting columns, appling column formatting, grouping data, summarizing data and filtering data.
- How to Create a List Report YouTube
- How to Create a Crosstab Report YouTube
- Introduction to Managing Content YouTube
- How to Add a Calculation to a Report YouTube
- How to Use Formatting in a Report YouTube
- How to Create a Parameterized Report YouTube
Allows authors to create visualizations of their data in Cognos
- Creating a Dashboard YouTube
- Interactive Dashboards Overview YouTube
- How to Troubleshoot a Dashboard YouTube
- Introduction to the Assistant with Dashboards YouTube
Type of view that contains a set of scene displayed in sequence over time. Storytelling utilizes the dashboard technology but provides additional capabilities such as animation.
- Introducing Storytelling - IBM
- Creating a Story
- How to Create a Story YouTube
- Cognos 11 Stories
- Stories - IBM
Allows authors to upload a data file and do some quick analysis and visualizations.
- Uploading Data
- How to Upload Data YouTube
- How To Upload Spreadsheet
- Where is Data Uploaded into Cognos Stored
- What Types of Files Can Be Uploaded
Allows authors to quickly fuse many sources of data together, such as, packages, uploaded files, data sets, and other data modules.
- Data Modules Overview YouTube
- Creating a Data Module
- How to Create a Data Module from an Uploaded File
- How to Create Data Modules
- Data Modeling
Explore is a flexible workspace where you can discover and analyze data. Explore an existing visualization from a dashboard, story, or explore an uploaded file. Uncover hidden relationships and identify patterns that turns your data into insights.