Services provided for Current and Pending Reports
Disclosure of all current grants on which a Principal Investigator (PI) and senior personnel are working, as well as pending support, is often necessary when an application is submitted or selected to receive an award. To aid in the development of these applications, a current and pending report will be drafted by the Pre-Award Center staff using the following guidelines.
- All federal, non-federal, industry or institutional support; any grants in direct support of research will be included in the report. Voluntary support or other gifts, fellowships, or training awards will not be included.
- The total award (or pending award) amount for the entire project will be shown, as well as the number of person-months to be devoted annually to the project, even if they receive no salary support from the project(s).
- If salary support is not budgeted on the project(s), 0.18 Person-Months (2%) will be entered in the draft report as their effort for AY appointments except for the situations listed in below.
- EXCEPTIONS: No effort will be shown for travel grants and equipment grants. Construction grants may not require effort, but should be evaluated carefully. These grants will be listed in the draft report with 0.00 as the reported effort.
The draft of the current and pending report will then be sent to the PI or senior personnel for review. The PI or senior personnel should review the report to ensure that it is complete and accurate considering he or she is in the best position to know time commitments and potential sources of support. In reviewing the current and pending report it is important to note the following:
- The disclosure of current and pending support a Principal Investigator or senior personnel is receiving is a requirement of sponsoring agencies in order to determine time commitments to projects and to avoid effort overlaps.
- The amount of time allocated to each of the current and pending projects should not exceed 100% (i.e. 12 person months, 9 academic months/3 summer months) effort combined within a year.
- Total salary recovery from all NSF awards should not exceed two months unless approval has been obtained from the sponsor or it is adequately justified in the pending proposal.
The Pre-Award Staff will work with the PI or senior personnel to verify and/or update the current and pending support form.