Amazon Business is an approved method to purchase non-contracted items, allowing Purdue to take advantage of Amazon’s wide product selection and competitive prices. It should only be used if a department cannot find the same product in one of the University's strategically sourced catalogs.
The University’s Amazon Business account must be used for University business purposes only. All business-related expenses procured through the Amazon Business account must comply with the Purchasing Delegation Manual and other internal control procedures.
The Amazon catalog is the only purchasing method allowed and will provide purchase order payment processing for Amazon Business.
Program benefits include the following:
- Free two-day shipping on Prime-eligible items
- Access to millions of additional products, available only to Amazon Business customers
- Access to a specialized Amazon Business customer service team
- No membership fees
- Automatic tax-exempt purchasing on items sold by Amazon.com and participating third-party sellers
- Guided buying that will direct you to Purdue's strategically sourced contracts
Amazon Business dedicated customer service is available at (888) 281-3847 or online.
Please note that emails from Amazon Business may be automatically blocked and quarantined by Cisco, Purdue's email spam program. Users must proactively add Amazon Business to their safelist.
General Amazon Business questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related resources are available below.
- Catalog Orders
- Amazon Business
- Audio/Visual, Camera and Video Equipment
- Cleaning Supplies
- Computers and Supporting Equipment
- Electrical and Lighting Supplies
- Laboratory Supplies and Gases
- Medical Supplies
- Office Supplies
- Plumbing Supplies
- Print Services
- Printers and Supporting Equipment
- Tools, Hardware Supplies, Repair Parts and Equipment