Current Students

Making an appointment with your advisor is done electronically. You should go to the BoilerConnect Calendar to make an appointment. If you need to see your advisor for a signature or a similar quick matter you can go to their walk-in hours which are found on the College of Science website.

Generally students take between 14-16 credit hours per semester. However, depending on a student's situation more or less may be appropriate for a given semester. To be a full time student, 12 credit hours must be taken during the spring and fall semesters. A student cannot take above 18 credit hours without special permission from the College of Science. Please see your advisor for more information.

You can pay online, in person by check, or you can mail your check. Due to the eBilling system, if you pay by check, you will have to print your invoice from myPurdue. To print your invoice, go to myPurdue and click on the financial tab. Then click on "Manage my Account" under "Touchnet Payment Portal." From there, click on "ebills." You can also pay your bill electronically through "Touchnet Payment Portal." Please note that you will need a Purdue Career Account to access myPurdue.

To pay in person, place your registration confirmation with your check in an envelope and put it in the locked drop box next to room 9 in Hovde Hall.

The Bursar's Office can defer your tuition and or/fees. However, before you can ask for a fee deferment, your fees must be assessed. For questions, please contact the Bursar's Office, Hovde Hall room 14, or by calling (765) 494-7579.

Please note: You must also have a current mailing address on file in the Office of the Registrar's system. Visit myPurdue and go to "Personal Information" under "Quick Links." Or, use the kiosk located outside the Registrar's office on the ground floor of Hovde Hall.

Please click here for scholarship information for continuing students.

Holds are placed on your account to restrict your access/use of an academic function (ex. registration). Holds are placed on a student's account for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to: non-payment of fines, bills, or parking tickets, disciplinary action taken by the Office of the Dean of Students, or failure to meet immunization requirements.

You can view Holds on your account by going to the academic tab within myPurdue and clicking "View Holds". Please visit the student Hold website for more information pertaining to your particular Hold.

When you miss a class it is your responsibility to let the professor know that you will be absent and to turn in your assignment(s). If you know in advance that you will miss a day of class, talk with your professor as soon as possible to discuss how you will make up any assignments and/or turn in homework. If you are gone unexpectedly, some professors require that you have proper documentation of an absence before they will let you make up assignments; examples of documentation include a doctor's note, court papers, etc. It is at your professor's discretion to let you make up any work that you miss. If you miss more than three days contact the Office of the Dean of Students. Also be aware of the dates in which the University is in session and when breaks take place. The academic calendar can be found on the Registrar's website.

As an international student you have fulfilled the objective of the College of Science foreign language requirement by living in a different culture and possibly speaking a second language. Therefore, the language requirement for the College of Science has been waived. However, you do not receive the credit hours for fulfilling this requirement. You can make up these credit hours through free electives, a minor, or double major.

A change of major, or Change of Degree Objective (CODO), occurs when a current Purdue student considers a transfer from one program to another inside or outside the College of Science. To successfully make such a transition, students must be aware of the policies and requirements of the program they are interested in as CODO requirements vary greatly, even between programs in the same college/school. Students are encouraged to discuss their academic plans with their current academic advisor so requirements for a new program may be explored and a plan created to help make a smooth transition to a new program. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor, when possible, in the new program or to attend a CODO meeting to ensure a successful and timely process.

Students have the opportunity to show proficiency in a subject that they do not already have credit in by taking Advanced Credit or CLEP exams. Many departments will award credit for successfully passing these exams, however you will want to check with each department to confirm this. For more information about Advanced Credit exams visit the Purdue Testing Center website. Information on CLEP exams can be found here.

University Regulations states that a student may attempt a course up to three times. When the course is repeated the new grade will be calculated into the GPA and the other attempt(s) will not be included. The most recent attempt of the course is the one that is factored into the GPA even if it is a lower grade than what was originally received. All attempts of a class will be shown on the transcript.

Students in the College of Science can choose to take free electives in the Pass/No Pass mode. This option is not available for classifications 1 and 2, nor to students on probation. Only 20% of your total credits may be taken Pass/No Pass and only two courses per academic year.

Please see your advisor for more information.

Students can add or drop 16-week courses through the 9th week of the semester. Please see your advisor for more information. For exact dates you can view the Add/Drop calendar on the Registrar's Office website.

A student is placed on Academic Probation if his or her semester or cumulative GPA at the end of any regular semester is less than that required for a student with his/her classification. Read the complete current policy here. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor to discuss how to return to good academic standing in upcoming sememsters.

Beginning Fall 2015 the policy will change. Students who fall below a 2.0 cumulative GPA or a 2.0 semester GPA will be placed on probation and will stay on probation until they are at or above the 2.0. Following the semester the student is on probation, if he or she fails to earn above a 2.0 cumulative GPA, the student will be dropped from Purdue University.

Of course! Studying abroad during college is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that is not to be missed! The University and College of Science both highly recommend this co-curricular opportunity, which often occurs during the junior year. There are several opportunities for students, including exchange programs where students pay the same tuition as if they were at Purdue. The College of Science also has pre-articulated agreements so students can study science abroad and not lose time in their degree program. Check out the opportunities through the College of Science as well as the University.

Internships are a great way to develop experience outside of the classroom and are highly desirable by professional programs, graduate schools, and companies. Click here to learn about internship opportunities in the College of Science.

Throughout the academic year, there are many different career fairs and opportunities to network with employers; these events can be held by a specific program or University wide (ex. Industrial Roundtable). You can visit the Center for Career Opportunities to find out more information about these opportunities.

Getting involved in a research project as an undergraduate gives you hands-on experience and provides a change of pace from formal classroom courses. Click here to find out more about undergraduate research in the College of Science. Check out the University website for undergraduate research opportunities across campus.

You can request a transcript through myPurdue. You can also contact the Registrar's Office to request a copy of your transcript or verification of enrollment. Transcripts do not have a fee associated with them.

MPP is a tool that allows students to track their progress towards degree completion. MPP lists your degree requirements and what classes meet them. Once a student has completed a requirement, MPP will indicate that it has been completed.

The SEP is an application within MPP that students can use to create a semester-by-semester plan of how they will complete the requirements. This can be accessed by clicking on the "Plans" tab within MPP.

You can only transfer your print quota from fall to spring and spring to summer. To roll over your print quota, click here. If you have more questions about printing visit ITaP Printing.
Many questions about the College of Science can be found through a Purdue Google search. If you still have questions please contact

Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2018 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.