Three Culture Course Option
- Course selections must enhance a student’s understanding and appreciation of other cultures.
- Selections must be made from the approved culture and diversity list.
- Course selections must build upon one another and deepen a student’s understanding of a culture or an aspect of multiple cultures.
- Courses may be chosen from different subject matter areas or may be within one subject area. If one subject is chosen, courses must build a student’s knowledge of a culture.
- Only one 10000-level course may be used the meet requirement. A combination of 20000, 30000 and 40000 will be used to complete the requirement.
- A Culture and Diversity Three Course Sequence Approval Form must be submitted to the student’s academic advisor explaining the reasoning behind proposed course selections and intended learning outcomes. The advisor will approve the student’s course selections or work with the student to develop a plan that meets the intent of the Foreign Language and Culture requirement.
Approved course sequences - Coming Soon!
Curriculum Notice: Courses which have been taken to meet the FLC requirement may not also be used to meet a student’s General Education or Great Issues requirement.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- SPLASH - Science Plus Liberal Arts: Second Home
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ