Skip to main content

University of Leeds: Geology and Geophysics

Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences

Study Abroad University: University of Leeds, United Kingdom

Major: Geology & Geophysics

Purdue Semester: Spring

Purdue Year: Junior

More information: University of Leeds

Purdue Course Curriculum for that semester

  • EAS 354 Plate Tectonics 
  • EAS 309 Data Analysis Appl. In Geosciences
  • General Educ. or EAS Elective
  • Free Elective

Study Abroad course replacement options

  • Choose from the following electives or those listed for Sophomores:
    • SOEE 2085 Hydrocarbon & Mineral Resources 
    • SOEE 2212 Tectonophysics 
    • SOEE 3040 Easter Field Class (Geology; 3042 Environ. Geol.) SOEE 3060 Advanced Sedimentology & Applic.
    • SOEE 3091 Advncs in Paleont.
    • SOEE 3350 Geoelectrics
    • SOEE 3450 Structural Geology
    • SOEE 3460 High-Temperature Processes in the Earth
    • SOEE 3480 Past Global Env Sys
    • SOEE 3660 Geology & Mineral Explor in N. Ireland
  • Select from the Liberal Arts area for General Education electives or from Science for options

Information about university

Leeds is a top-ten UK research-led university in the prestigious Russell Group (universities committed to the highest levels of academic excellence in both teaching and research), with a student population over 33,000. The City of Leeds is the commercial center of the West Yorkshire urban area with a population over 1.5 million.  Located within two hours of London and three hours from Edinburgh, Leeds has an acclaimed nightlife and vibrant music scene and is surrounded by culture, history, and national parks.  Get more information on the University of Leeds study aboard programs.

Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.