Future Opportunities Scholarship Program (FOSP)
The College of Science awards the FOSP scholarship to incoming first-year students each year who show a strong commitment to championing diversity through engagement and leadership in the College of Science as well as the Purdue community. Admitted students possessing the following criteria are encouraged to apply for this important scholarship opportunity:
Minimum high school academic core GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (Core GPA includes grades from coursework in math, English, lab science, social studies and foreign language.)
Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA completed by the March 1 priority deadline. Students completing the FAFSA by December 31, 2016 are eligible for need-based funding.
Old SAT score: 1600-2100 (Critical Reading, Writing and Math),
New SAT score: 1280 - 1390 (Evidence-based Reading and Math) or
ACT composite score: 20-27; and
4. Expressed interest in supporting diversity initiatives in the College of Science and the Purdue community
The FOSP scholarship is a minimum $5,000 yearly scholarship that may be renewed up to eight semesters by students who at the end of each academic year are evaluated as meeting the academic and leadership requirements of the scholarship*.
The FOSP application will be available starting December 1, 2018.
Application process will close at 11:59 pm (EST) January 16, 2019.
* Receipt of this scholarship is determined by available funds and therefore, is not guaranteed.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- SPLASH - Science Plus Liberal Arts: Second Home
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ