Seeing a College of Science Academic Advisor
College of Science students partner with an academic advisor in their department who will be their guide and support them as they:
- Identify academic, personal, and career aspirations that set the foundation for a successful undergraduate experience and future graduate or professional life.
- Develop a four-year plan of study that meets their curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular goals.
- Identify campus and community resources that support personal well-being, academic success, and professional skills development.
- Develop realistic semester-by-semester course plans that result in high academic performance and on-time degree progression.
- Understand university and college policies and how they mold and impact their university experience.
- Students are encouraged to stay in frequent contact with their advisors throughout their time at the College of Science.
Advising Appointment Options
Scheduled Advising Appointments
Students may schedule 30-minute appointments with their assigned advisors:
- to register for Fall/Spring semesters, Summer terms. Advising and Registration Policy - students must schedule an appointment with their academic advisor for advising and registration to receive a semester or term PIN.
- for in-depth advising questions
- for academic/degree planning, graduate/professional school planning and career development
- to discuss and receive support in addressing personal and academic challenges
- for general questions and concerns
Students must be on time for their scheduled appointments. Late arrivals of more than 5 minutes may result in a cancellation of your appointment.
Drop-in appointments are used to drop/add courses, resolve scheduling conflicts, complete paperwork, and address time-sensitive questions. Appointments are kept to 10 minutes and may not be used for registration or degree planning purposes.
Drop-in appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, students are not guaranteed to see their advisor during scheduled drop-in times if the number of students to be seen is greater than the time allotted. Students must see their assigned advisor unless there is an immediate need. Before visiting your advising office for a drop-in appointment, check drop-in times. Times are updated the Friday before the following week. Note: drop-in times ARE subject to change without notice.
CODO Drop-in Appointments
Students who would like to CODO to the College of Science should consult the Non Major Drop-in Schedule and review College of Science CODO requirements for their intended program before speaking with a Science advisor.
Advising Policy for Students Who Will Pursue a non-College of Science Program
Two Semester Advising Policy:
Students who enter the College of Science with immediate plans to pursue a non-science academic program are eligible to receive two semesters of academic advising and PIN releases as they work towards a successful CODO to their intended program. If CODO requirements are not met by the end of their first year, students will be required to request a CODO to the College of Liberal Arts while they continue to pursue their degree goals.
Four Semester Advising Policy:
Students who pursue a College of Science curriculum but who later determine that they would like to pursue an alternate program outside of the College will have four semesters to successfully CODO. A request may be made for approval of the 5th Semester Advising Policy if a student is close to meeting CODO requirements and has provided course recommendations from an advisor in their intended program.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- SPLASH - Science Plus Liberal Arts: Second Home
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ