Loving animals and wanting to help animals is critical to your admission to a school of veterinary medicine. Equally important, though, is your ability in SCIENCE!
Pre-vet requirements include many semesters of biology, chemistry, physics, calculus, and other sciences.
See the prerequisites for Purdue's School of Veterinary Medicine. Research training opportunities at the graduate level (MS or PhD) may be pursued through the School of Veterinary Medicine as well.
A College of Science major from the Department of Biological Sciences or the Department of Chemistry is an excellent way to prepare for the scientific rigor of professional or graduate studies in veterinary medicine!
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ