Credit Raise Policy
Students may request approval to take more than 18 credit hours during a fall or spring semester or more than 9 credits during a summer term under the following policy.
Students may request a credit raise if they meet the following requirements.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Successful completion of the maximum allowable credits, under University regulations, for a semester (18) or summer term (9)
The approval process will include a review of the student's course requests to ensure that the combined rigor of courses is such that a student has a high probability of passing all courses with grades that will not negatively impact the student's overall GPA at the end of the term.
The Director of Academic Advising will review all requests in excess of 21 credit hours.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- SPLASH - Science Plus Liberal Arts: Second Home
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ