Skip to main content

Science Philanthropy Student Board

Science Philanthropy Student Board

Group Photo - Science Philanthropy Student Board

About Science Philanthropy Student Board:

The Science Philanthropy Student Board (SPSB) is a student organization that works in conjunction with the College of Science Advancement Office. Launched this year, student board members serves as ambassadors for the College at donor and alumni events and help promote a culture of philanthropy amongst peers at Purdue. 


The Science Philanthropy Student Board gives undergraduate and graduate Science students the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for the College, to learn about and promote the importance of philanthropy, and to build connections with alumni and donors. Student Board members represent the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and Boilermaker spirit.


  • The Science Philanthropy Student Board was founded this year with hopes of:
  • Developing meaningful connections between students and donors/alumni.
  • Promoting a culture of philanthropy at Purdue.
  • Training students to become more effective leaders.

What we do:

  • Science Philanthropy Student Board members will:
  • Network and connect with donors and alumni at various events during the school year.
  • Help show gratitude to our generous donors by writing thank you cards, making thank you phone calls, and creating thank you videos.
  • Collaborate with the Science Advancement Office to brainstorm ideas to promote a culture of philanthropy on campus.
  • Organize student involvement in the annual Purdue Day of Giving.
Meet the current Science Philanthropy Student Board members!

Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2020 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue ? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.