Indiana LTAP regularly produces numerous publications as part of its ongoing effort to keep roadway administrators informed and up to date, including those listed below. All publications can be found on Purdue e-pubs.
- 2019 Local Road & Bridge Condition Report (County/City/Town)
- Indiana Local Roads Manual: Provides introductory guidance to asset management, outlines the five steps involved in developing an effective asset management plan, and serves as a resource for improved pavement and bridge management.
- Concise Handbook for Temporary Traffic Control: Gives the basic principles and provides examples for the design, application, installation and maintenance of the various types of traffic control devices used in temporary traffic control or for incident management.
- Directory of State, County, City and Town Officials: Lists updated contact information for Indiana state, county, city and town officials responsible for road and street work. Current 2021 Excel file is located here. Another update is coming in May. An app will be distributed this summer. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Estimating Highway Maintenance Work: Walks administrators through equations used to estimate the amount of materials needed to maintain highways.
- Roundabout Maintenance Manual: A resource for communities that have implemented roundabouts, which present unique maintenance challenges. Also helpful information for those who are considering roundabouts.
- Roundabout Maintenance Flipbook: A summary of the work published in the roundabout maintenance manual. This flipbook serves as a model to guide work crews in correct maintenance procedures.
- Storm Water Drainage Manual: A comprehensive catalog of procedures, design methods/criteria and general background information that provides the basic principles and applications of storm drainage design.
- Statewide Bridge Sufficiency Rating Report: Provides bridge sufficiency rating information for the bridges in each county as a convenient starting point for formulating a long-range plan to cope with county bridge deficiencies.
- Wheel Tax and Excise Surtax Report: An overview of the details of the wheel tax and excise surtax, including revenue estimates, revenue projections, and answers to commonly asked questions.
- Indiana Local Road and Bridge Conditions: Summarizes the current condition of local agency road and bridge assets and estimates the funding levels necessary to improve and maintain those assets over a 10-year period.
- Best Practices in Trail Maintenance: Offers practical recommendations to trail maintenance managers and policymakers for anticipating and planning for maintenance budget and personnel needs.
NOTE: Paper copies of some publications are available through email, fax or traditional mail. Please contact LTAP for more information.