Full Time Engineering Technician, City of Greenwood
Duties & Responsibilites
- Compliance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Reviews residential, commercial and industrial development plans and makes on-site inspection for compliance with local ordinances/codes.
- Serves on Technical Review Committee.
- Assists Sanitation, Stormwater, and Street Departments with planning and implementation of infrastructure improvement projects, including evaluating needs, developing long-range plans, receiving and investigating public complaints, inspecting/surveying project sites, and reviewing/approving construction plans, service agreements, bonding and/or legal documents, such as for storm and sanitary drainage and acquisition of rights-of-way and easements.
- Prepares specification and bid documents for annual Street Department maintenance contracts.
- Reviews and monitors contracts with consultants for design, inspection and/or testing of proposed/existing infrastructure projects. Supervises and/or conducts field review of contracted construction projects to ensure compliance with approved plans for subdivision improvement and site developments.
- Attends, participates and conducts public hearings/meetings as required. May be requested to prepare and make public speeches and presentations.
- Conducts studies regarding traffic control, signage, and related issues and makes recommendations to Board of Public Works and Safety and/or City Council.
- Maintain and update subdivision bond files, review site development and construction plans, and perform on-site inspections to ensure compliance with ordinances and engineering standards, including residential, commercial and industrial projects. Corresponds/communicates with developers as needed.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and complaints from the public, or directs to appropriate individual or Department.
- Prepares specifications for City construction projects, such as drainage and street projects and parking facilities and for equipment purchases for Board of Public Works and Safety and other City Departments.
- Inspects various City projects during and after construction to ensure compliance with project plans and specifications, and periodically performs on-site surveys as assigned. Completes and coordinates documents for related contracts, coordinates projects with other government agencies and provides technical project support to other City Departments as needed.
To learn more and to apply, download this pdf.
Project Manager (Road/Bridge Construction), Allen County
Under the direction of the Chief Project Manager or Technical Services Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing construction, asset management, and maintenance programs for Allen County’s bridge and roadway transportation systems.
Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
To post your job opening on our website and have it published in our quarterly newsletter, please contact Indiana LTAP via email.