Healthy Boiler workshops are free to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan. Registration for all workshops can be done via the Healthy Boiler portal . All registrations are due by the day before the event’s start date.
Learn about key elements of positive parenting and how you can incorporate them into everyday moments.
Taking Control of Your Diabetes
Are you pre-diabetic or have type 2 diabetes? Do you want to better understand type 2 diabetes and how it affects your body? This 8-week program will explain what type 2 diabetes is and the role nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress management can play in managing your blood glucose levels. Eligible participants will be given a glucose meter with supplies to check their blood glucose levels.
* Individuals living with type 1 diabetes are able to meet monthly with a CHL health coach but are not required to participate in the eight-week “Taking Control of My Diabetes” program to take advantage of the test strips and blood sugar meter opportunity. Contact the CHL for more information at 765-494-0111.
Designed to help you understand the unique opportunities to invest Health Savings Account (HSA) funds in self-directed investment options, which is a great way to potentially grow HSA funds for healthcare expenses or save funds as a nest egg for retirement.
June 24, Noon-1 p.m., WebEx link will be sent following registration
Come hear from Dr. Shelton, physician at the Center for Healthy Living (CHL), discuss health risks facing men today. Learn about lifestyle choices specific to men that can reduce risk factors and improve health.
RecWell Virtual Programming
A weekly updated collection of video classes on group fitness, wellness and cooking aimed at building strong bodies and minds. In response to COVID-19, these resources are open to everyone – even those who do not have memberships. (Note: RecWell financial counseling, wellness coaching and nutrition consultations are for University students only.)
Take a Yoga Break
Take a break from working at your computer and do yoga in your own home. Join Purdue Fort Wayne Health Coach, Lindsay Bloom, as she leads this live, virtual yoga class every Wednesday at noon on WebEx until we are able to gather together again on campus. Open to all levels, this class is a great way to de-stress, breathe deeply and increase flexibility, balance and muscle tone.
When it's time, join the WebEx meeting.
Meeting number: 612 289 539
Meeting Password: One2One
Other ways to join
- From a video system or application
You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
- Using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business.
LIVE High Intensity Interval Training (HiiT) Sessions
- On Tuesday and Thursday Brocka will be LIVE on Zoom bringing you "High Intensity Interval Training" Don't let the name keep you from joining in, all levels are welcomed, all exercises can be modified and jumping is not required!
- What you'll need for HiiT... YOU! At times we will use household items such as: canned goods, chair, a roll of TP, etc! I would suggest putting on a pair of workout shoes unless you train barefoot regularly. Again, I highly suggest keeping a glass/bottle of water nearby.
- How you get there:
- On your computer: go to http://zoom.us
- Click: Join a Meeting
- Type in Meeting ID: 627-590-6820
- Session will begin promptly at 3pm EST, you will be able to join the meeting at least five minutes prior to the
At Home Yoga
Note: The playlists below are added to each week; if you subscribe to the channel or playlist, you will get updates when new content has been uploaded.
- Yoga Flow - Each video in the series is approximately 20 minutes long and designed to be done as a break in your day or as part of your morning routine.
- Journey Into Power: Building Sequence – These sessions are building blocks for Journey into Power (JIP), which is made up of 11 sequences. Each week we add to the sequences building up to a 60-minute yoga practice.