Through the Anthem website or Sydney Health mobile app, you can access your plan information at your fingertips. With the member-friendly website or mobile app, you can check a claim, find a doctor, or keep track of your out-of-pocket costs.
Follow Finding Care through Anthem’s Website or Mobile App for more information. Learn more about Tier 1 coverage through HealthSync or virtual care through LiveHealthOnline.
- Visit anthem.com.
- Call 855-502-6365 to reach a representative at the Purdue University Service Center at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
- Call 888-279-5449 to speak with a registered nurse (RN) about your health anytime, day or night.
- Register or log in at anthem.com to get started.
- Learn2Live offers digital, emotional-wellness tools for individuals covered on a Purdue health plan. To get started, Log in to anthem.com, go to “My Health Dashboard,” choose “Programs” and select “Emotional Well-being Resources.”
- LiveHealth Online Psychiatry and LiveHealth Online Psychology offer private, convenient appointments with licensed mental health providers.
- Watch our “Choosing the Right Medical Plan” video for helpful tips and information.
- Watch our “Medicare & Purdue Medical / HSA Plans” video to learn how it works and what decisions you need to make.
- Watch our “Pre-Certification” video to learn more about what type of treatments require pre-certification, how you get it, and what happens if you don't receive it before a required procedure or treatment.
You have a choice of which network option you use. And some level of coverage is provided for each. However, you’ll always receive the highest level of coverage—that means less out of your pocket—when you choose Tier 1 (HealthSync). So, if you’re more cost-conscious, you’ll want to consider the advantages of choosing a provider in the Tier 1 network.
Locate all HealthSync-related resoures here.
You can search and find the most current list of HealthSync and in-network providers via Anthem’s website (anthem.com) or mobile app (Sydney Health). The links below showcase referral locations for services such as imaging (MRI), mammograms, physical therapy, colonoscopy and more for all three Purdue campus areas – West Lafayette, Fort Wayne and Northwest (Westville and Hammond).
The Consolidated Appropriations Act and Transparency in Coverage regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available. A machine readable file is a digital representation of data or information in a file that can be imported or read by a computer system for further processing without human intervention.
The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (EIN). Purdue University EIN 35-6002041
When using the search option, the page will display links to several files, including:
- Applicable In-Network Negotiated Rate Files
- Out-of-Network Allowed Amount Files
- Out-of-Area Rates (applicable when members use providers in non-Anthem states.)
- Carrum Health Benefit
- COBRA Continuation of Coverage
- Health Care Reform
- HIPAA Privacy Regulations and Legal Notices
- Tiered Lab Benefit
- Working Spouse Premium
- Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Total Hip & Knee Joint Replacements
- Physical Therapy
- Welcome to SupportLinc, your provider for behavioral health services