MetLife Legal Plans
MetLife Legal plans provide you with access to experienced attorneys and eliminates effort on your end. It's a smart, simple, affordable way to get the legal help you need.
See the MetLife Legal Plans video for more details.
- Direct and immediate access to your choice of local attorneys. The plan covers both in- and out-of-network attorneys.
- In-network attorney services for covered legal matters are fully paid for by the plan; covered areas of law include:
- Family/personal law
- Home and real estate
- Civil lawsuits
- Estate planning
- Identity theft
- Elder law
- For out-of-network attorneys, a fee reimbursement schedule spells out the maximum amount payable for specific services under the plan.
Member Access To Legal Plan Online
MetLife Legal Plans has redesigned its website, www.legalplans.com, to make it easier for you to find attorneys and get the legal help you need. Our new, modern website design provides you with easy access to coverage information and our network of attorneys, as well as provides new tools to handle legal matters quickly online. Some of the new features of the enhanced website experience include:
- Simplified login – Access legal plan benefits using an email address and password, eliminating the need to remember a membership number or provide social security information.
- Online self-service – From purchasing your first home to disputing a traffic ticket, get access to the legal help you need from our network of over 18,000 attorneys with just a few clicks.
- Digital estate planning – Get step-by-step guidance to create wills, advance healthcare directives, powers of attorney, trusts, and deeds online in as little as 15 minutes.
- Mobile-optimized design – Full access to the entire online experience from any web-enabled mobile device without the need to download a mobile application. Note about log in: You will need to create an account to access your benefits and use digital estate planning online.
You can create the account using the email address of your choice. If you have any questions or need assistance navigating our new website, please contact the MetLife Legal Plans Client Service Center at 800-821-6400.
How to Enroll (During annual open enrollment)
Elections may be made when you initially become eligible for Purdue benefits or during the annual fall open enrollment. To enroll sign in to Benefitfocus at one.purdue.edu .
- Brief description of the legal plan
- Fact Sheet of extended definitions
- Identity Management Services
- How to use MetLife Legal Plan
- Fee reimbursement schedule
- Life/Voluntary Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance on Spouse and Children
- Universal Life Insurance