Administered by Nationwide®
Pet insurance, underwritten by Nationwide®, brings you health insurance coverage for your pets. A Nationwide policy helps pay for your pet's treatments, surgeries, lab fees, X-rays and much more. You'll have peace of mind knowing you can care for your pet no matter the cost.
- Get back up to 90 percent of the vet bill.
- Use your choice of veterinarians worldwide, including specialists and emergency providers. No pre-approval is necessary.
- Access to the Vet Helpline. Unlimited, 24/7 access to a veterinary professional.
- New VitusVet app to submit claims using your smartphone.
- Savings: Receive discounts when enrolling multiple pets.
- Extra features such as emergency boarding, lost pet advertising and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nationwide offers two plan design choices for dogs and cats: My Pet Protection Plan
|my pet protection
|my pet protection|
|Accidents, including poisonings and allergic reactions||X||X|
|Injuries, including cuts, sprains and broken bones||X||X|
|Common illnesses, including ear infections, vomiting and diarrhea||X||X|
|Serious/chronic illnesses, including cancer and diabetes||X||X|
|Hereditary and congenital conditions||X||X|
|Surgeries and hospitalization||X||X|
|X-rays, MRIs and CT scans||X||X|
|Prescription medications and therapeutic diets||X||X|
|Flea and tick prevention||X|
|Heartworm testing prevention||X|
|Routine blood tests||X|
No coverage for pre-existing conditions and other exclusions may apply.
To learn more about these plans and to compare plan highlights, visit the Nationwide website.
Get a quote and enroll
Quotes are available by calling 877-PETS-VPI (877-738-7874). Be sure to mention that you’re a Purdue University employee or visit online at www.petinsurance.com/purdue.
Submitting a claim
- Step 1: Download a Nationwide claim form.
- Step 2: After you have paid your veterinarian, fill in the claim form with your pet’s diagnosis and the invoice totals.
- Step 3: Submit your claim form and your paid invoices to Nationwide:
- Mail: Nationwide Claims Department, P.O. Box 2344, Brea, CA 92822
- Fax: 714-989-5600
- Submit claims through your smart phone with the VitusVet app.
- Email: email@example.com
|Online contact form||800-540-2016
8 a.m.-10 p.m. ET
10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET
|P.O. Box 2344
Brea, CA 92822-2344
|Search Customer Care knowledge base|
- Life/Voluntary Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Keep Benefit Premiums Current While on Unpaid Leave
- Legal Services
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance on Spouse and Children
- Universal Life Insurance