Mental Health Online Resources
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) compiled a list of phone apps some may find beneficial when dealing with stress, being overwhelmed, anxious, feeling panicked or for general overall mental health. Most of these apps are free unless noted otherwise.
- Calm: Provides relaxation and meditation to help improve your sleep and reduce stress with music and melodies
- Headspace: Provides to assist with sleep & waking up, stress & anxiety, and movement & healthy living.
- Stop, Breathe, and Think: Meditation and mindfulness experience that helps you find peace with meditations and videos.
- Smiling Mind: A daily mindfulness and meditation guide at your fingertips, including free programs for children and adults.
- Happify: Provides tools for measuring your overall mental health and well-being by reframing negative thoughts and tracking habits.
- Trello: This app provides boards, lists, and cards that enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
- Focus Booster: Tool to help you track your time, stop procrastinating, and focus consistently.
- me: This habit-tracking app will allow you to build and maintain good habits.
- My Study Life: Provides one space to organize your classes, tasks, exams, and assignments with the ability to set reminders.
- Youper: Take control of your emotional health through conversations, meditations, and tracking your mood.
- Mind Shift: Interact with tools to help you take action for a positive change.
- SAM: This tool helps you understand and manage your anxiety.
- AnxietyCoach (iOS, $4.99): A comprehensive self-help tool for reducing a wide variety of fears and worries from extreme shyness to obsessions and compulsions.
- Sanvello – Provides digital self-care to manage stress, anxiety, and depression.
- WorryWatch ($3.99): Keep an anxiety journal so that you can later reflect and reason with what was making you anxious.
- Panic Relief: Guides you through panic attacks and helps you overcome your fear.
- Breath2Relax: Teaches a skill called “diaphragmatic breathing” to help users feel more relaxed.
- The Mindfulness App: Meditation and mindfulness experience that helps you find peace with meditations and videos.
- Rootd: Panic attack and anxiety relief tool.
- MoodTools: Provides users with a thought diary, depression test, and the option to develop a safety plan.
General Mental Health
- What’s Up: Provides helpful tools for managing depression based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- MoodKit (iOS, $4.99): Over 200 mood improvement activity that can be tailored to your specific needs.
- iMoodJournal ($1.99): This app combines a journal, personal diary, mood trackers, and habit trackers.
- Lifesum: Helps you reach your health and weight goals through better eating.
- Moodpath: Keep a mental health journal and answer questions to receive regular mental health reports.
- Operation Reach Out (iOS): Aimed at preventing suicide among military personnel and veterans.
- Relax and Sleep Well: Hypnosis and mediation recordings that help you alleviate stress & anxiety and sleep well at night.
- Optimism: Provides space to record wellness plans and strategies for ease of access.
- Worry Knot (Android): Teaches you to manage your worry with lessons, distractions and a proven worry management technique.
- SuperBetter: Builds resilience – the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic.
- Student Resources
- Accommodations and Services
- Disability Documentation
- Course Accessibility Letter
- Alternative Format Resources
- Peer Mentor Program
- COVID-19 Concerns
- Financial Guidance
- Final Exam Information
- Concerns About Accommodation Decisions
- Mental Health Online Resources
- Report a Physical Barrier
Phone: (765) 494-1247
YONG Room 830
155 S. Grant St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907