Accommodations and Services
Disability is an aspect of diversity that is integral to our society and to the Purdue campus community.
The Disability Resource Center collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create usable, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable learning environments. However, there may be times when there are aspects of the instruction or design of your courses that result in barriers to your inclusion or to accurate assessment of achievement. When that is the case, the DRC staff will work with you to arrange for accommodations.
Accommodations can include, but are not limited to:
- Course materials (handouts, PowerPoint slides) in alternative formats, such as large print
- Accessible web-based materials
- Videos with closed-captioning
- Alterations to test-taking (e.g., extended time, distraction-reduced environment)
- As a service to faculty and instructors, the DRC can provide proctoring and space for students needing distraction-reduced testing environments and/or extended time for course exams
- The DRC will provide and fund individual student supports, auxiliary aids and services: e.g. sign language interpreters
We encourage students to contact the DRC to engage in a discussion to identify and remove barriers in their academic experience.
Phone: (765) 494-1247
YONG Room 830
155 S. Grant St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907