Summer course registration is simple. Just follow a few easy steps:
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. (Always your first step!). It's never too early to chat about summer plans. You can easily use the advisor’s directory to find your best contact.
- To prepare for your appointment, consider what you will be doing this summer. Are you going somewhere to work or considering an internship? Will your employer pay for an online class? Will you be studying abroad? Or, will you be staying near campus to take courses?
- Next, decide which courses might be right for you, based on your summer plans.
- Then, check myPurdue for your time ticket to register for classes on the first day of your window. If you do have any holds on your account, you'll need to get those taken care of before you can register.
- During your appointment, don't forget to get your PIN number from your academic advisor so you can register online. Your summer PIN is the same one you use to register for spring classes. In addition, be sure to check prerequisites for your desired courses, and as always, have a backup plan if your first-choice classes aren't available.
- Register for your courses. You will be registering using the scheduling assistant for summer instead of completing a course request form (CRF) and being enrolled later. Unsure what this means? Follow this step-by-step video.
If, for a variety of reasons, you are wanting to take a Purdue class this summer and you are not a current Purdue student (such as a student from a different university for the purposes of transferring it to your home institution), then you are considered a nondegree-seeking student. Please go to the Visiting Summer Students website to get started.