STEAM, or Security Team, is the IT Security Incident Response Program at Purdue University. It brings together IT professionals from all University IT departments to share information and offer assistance responding to the IT Security Incidents seen on the Purdue West Lafayette campus. STEAM is led by the STEAM-CIRT, which manages Incident Response operations.
STEAM is composed of IT Security Analysts, Purdue Security contacts, and volunteer IT staff.
The STEAM Project has the following goals:
- To provide a forum for discussing relevant IT security topics.
- To disseminate relevant IT security information throughout all departments at Purdue University.
- To define and maintain clear communications for IT Incident Response.
- To provide resources in times of immediate IT crisis for Purdue University.
- To serve as subject matter experts in incident analysis, response, and remediation.