CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS PROGRAM
Welcome to PSS Cybersecurity Awareness, where we aim to teach and train faculty, staff, and students about ongoing cybersecurity threats that impact Purdue University. Consider this page as your central hub for awareness resources!
PSS Cybersecurity Awareness Welcomes Fall 2023 Students:
PSS Cybersecurity Awareness discuss cyber threats at HHS Extension Conference
- Implement Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for enhanced security.
- Verify all client requests directly and ask relevant questions.
- Adhere to strict identification and verification processes.
- Stay alert for suspicious links, verbiage, or action buttons.
- Hover over questionable links to verify the true destination.
- Be aware of cloned websites and ensure secure websites start with HTTPS.
- Regularly check email filters for suspicious activities.
- Report any suspicious emails using the 'Report Message' function in Outlook or by emailing email@example.com.
- Contact the IT Customer Service Center at 765-494-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know falls victim to a phishing attack.
Some helpful videos:
Current Cybersecurity News
- CISA, FBI, EAC and USPIS Release Election Mail Handling Procedures to Protect Against Hazardous Materials
- CISA Warning: Akira Ransomware Exploiting Cisco ASA/FTD Vulnerability
- Microsoft says it caught hackers from China, Russia and Iran using its AI tools
For any cybersecurity awareness related questions or training requests, please email email@example.com.