Making it easier than ever to get your annual physical
After a successful pilot program in fall-winter 2022, Purdue’s “Mobile Physicals’ Program” is being rolled out in phases across the university.
Phase 3 - Additional opportunities for all benefits-eligible employees.
The program, made possible by One to One Health and the Center for Healthy Living (CHL), makes it easier than ever for you to complete your annual physical and biometrics screening – you don’t even have to leave your office building.
Cultivating a comfortable and accessible atmosphere for all, the goal of mobile physicals is two-fold:
- Increase the percentage of annual physicals completed by Purdue employees. Only 58% of Purdue employees completed their annual physicals between July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Foster a relationship of trust and confidence that can be continued on at the CHL should you choose.
Questions & Answers
Who is eligible for the Mobile Physicals program?
All benefits-eligible Information Technology (IT) employees (including those who opted out of a Purdue medical plan) who work on the West Lafayette campus are currently eligible to schedule a Mobile Physical appointment.
Additional phases for other areas on campus will be rolled out throughout 2023.
What does the Mobile Physicals Program offer?
- Provides up to 60 minutes of undivided attention by a CHL provider to complete a comprehensive preventive physical accompanied by a full biometric blood draw (A1c and LDL cholesterol). Biometric blood draw results will be reviewed via a follow up phone call with the employee once the results are released from LabCorp to the CHL provider.
- The Mobile Physical will be provided at no charge to the employee as preventive, annual physicals and biometric screenings are covered at 100 percent on any Purdue health plan.
- Employee should use sick time if their appointment time falls during work hours.
How does an employee participate?
The employee will complete the following steps:
- Talk with their supervisor to discuss acceptable times to be away from the workplace and any
appointment times the employee should avoid.
- Call the Center for Healthy Living at 765-494-0111 or schedule online at https://healthyboilermobilephysical.timetap.com.
- The link above is an active link where employees can schedule their physical same day, up to an hour before the appointment time.
- Go to the appointment in the scheduled building and room number.
- Record the time away on the time sheet as “Sick leave.”
Where do employees go for the screening?
Employees will report to the on-campus building and room number that is assigned for their appointment.
When can the employee go?
The Mobile Physicals appointments are available to schedule as follows:
Open to all benefits-eligible employees
- Monday, Nov. 13: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., PFSB 1233
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., PFSB 1233
- Wednesday, Nov. 15: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., PFSB 1233
Does the employee have to provide proof of attending a Mobile Physical appointment?
No, the employee does not need to provide proof of attendance to their Mobile Physical appointment.
Can employees earn Healthy Boiler incentive dollars via this program?
Yes. As a reminder, completing an annual physical is the required step to earn Healthy Boiler incentive dollars in 2023. Therefore, those who complete their annual physical and log completion into the Healthy Boiler portal by December 31, 2023, are eligible for Healthy Boiler incentive dollars. Additional incentive dollars can be earned by completing a biometrics screening. Note: Human Resources does not receive any personal health information related to an employee’s incentive step(s) completion. More information on how to earn incentives via the Healthy Boiler Program is available here.
As a reminder, those who have not yet registered on the Healthy Boiler Portal can do so at any time. Registering prior to completing their incentives will make it even easier to upload their physical form when ready. The portal is accessible at https://purdue.wellright.com. Employees and covered spouses will need to register to access the site. Employees must register and login first in order to allow spousal access to the site. Spouses must register separately in order to manage activity and receive the incentives. Benefits-eligible employees who are spouse opt-outs are considered spouses and should register under their spouse.
Questions regarding tracking employee time off?
Please contact Human Resources at 765-494-2222 or email@example.com.
Questions regarding the Mobile Physicals program and what it entails?
Please contact the CHL at 765-494-0111.