Student Resources for Accommodated Testing
Student success is a top priority at Purdue University. That means learning environments need to be usable, equitable, inclusive and sustainable for everyone.
To ensure accessibility, it is the responsibility of students to request accommodations, the responsibility of instructors to fulfill accommodations and Purdue Testing Service’s responsibility to be a resource for both parties.
For students with exam accommodations through the Disability Resource Center, Purdue Testing Services is one way to access accommodations.
If you have any questions about our new scheduling system, RegisterBlast, we ask that you please schedule an appointment to speak with one of our staff as we are currently unable to manage walk-in consultations. Please visit our Appointment Bookings link to schedule your 30 minute consultation. This can be done in-person, virutally, or over the phone.
Planning Exam Accommodations
The first steps in planning your exam accommodations are:
- Review the course syllabus, noting all exam dates.
- Have a conversation with your instructor as each instructor handles accommodations differently.
- If the instructor is unable to facilitate accommodated exams, Purdue Testing Services can help administer the exam.
Scheduling Exams with PTS
Step 1: Click the RegisterBlast link within your Brightspace course.
- If you are unable to locate this scheduling link, please contact your professor directly as they will need to ensure it is added to your course.
Step 2: Follow the instructions on the page for scheduling your exam. You will only be able to schedule for the date(s) and time(s) that your professor has specified and when PTS has availability.
- If you do not see the exam you are trying to schedule in the drop down selection, this means your professor has not yet submitted the Testing Instruction Form (TIF) for this exam and you will need to contact them directly.
Step 3: Check your Purdue inbox for a confirmation email to ensure your request was successfully received.
Deadlines For All Regular Exam Requests
If you wish to take your exam with Purdue Testing Services, you must schedule your exam at least four (4) days in advance.
|Day of Exam||Deadline to Schedule|
Deadline For Final Exam Requests
The deadline to schedule Fall 2023 final exams is December 1, 2023 at 11:55 p.m. ET.
Students will not be able to schedule final exams until (1) the Registrar releases the final exam schedule and (2) instructors submit a TIF for the final exam. Students will receive an email when the final exam scheduling window opens.
Failure to submit a final exam request before the deadline will result in not being able to take your exam with Purdue Testing Services. If you missed the deadline, you will need to talk to your instructor about possible alternatives to still receive your accommodations.
The only start times that will be accepted are those set by the university: 8:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. ET.