Welcome to Purdue!
After accepting an offer letter of employment, the new hire receives an email linked to the data collection wizard within the Onboarding process. Once the information is completed, a system-generated email notifies the new hire of their PUID and User ID. This information is required to complete the account activation process. The next four steps complete the new hire process.
Purdue Career Account Password
- Every employee has a password. It is the first line of defense from unauthorized access to your Purdue Career Account. You may be required to change this password at least twice a year.
- Please contact your Campus Support to create this password:
- Purdue West Lafayette – 765-494-4000
- Purdue Northwest – 219-989-2888
- Purdue Fort Wayne – 260-481-6030
- They may need your username and PUID (provided in a previous email) in order to assist you. This password is needed to create the BoilerKey and is used to access some systems, such as email.
- BoilerKey is Purdue’s two-factor authentication service. A BoilerKey is required to access most Purdue systems. Please visit the BoilerKey website to learn how to set up your BoilerKey. Please contact the Campus Support listed above for additional assistance.
- Access SuccessFactors with your Purdue Career Account (User ID) and BoilerKey. SuccessFactors is Purdue’s human capital management system, used for employee self-service, timekeeping and time off, recruitment and more.
- Access the Onboarding tiles within SuccessFactors to view your Onboarding Coordinator contact information. The Onboarding Coordinator is listed under Useful Contacts.
Complete Section 2 of I-9
- Bring identification documentation to an I-9 verifier to complete section 2 within three business days of your employment start date. Your Onboarding Coordinator can provide I-9 verifier locations.
Request Purdue ID Card
- Your Purdue ID card, which is sometimes referred to as your PUID card or photo ID, proclaims you as a member of the Purdue community. To obtain a PUID card visit the Purdue ID Card Office site which refers to " Getting my Purdue ID Card".