No-cost MMR vaccine offered at Center for Healthy Living to protect against measles, mumps, rubella
As a reminder to benefits-eligible faculty and staff (and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan), the Center for Healthy Living (CHL) on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus has the MMR vaccine available. The vaccine is covered by Purdue’s health insurance plans and is recommended for anyone who is not vaccinated or is unsure of his or her vaccination status. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the vaccine is up to 97 percent effective, and high-sustained measles vaccine coverage and rapid public health responses are critical for preventing and controlling measles cases and outbreaks, which have been on the rise globally. To date, there have been no cases of measles on the Purdue campus.
When administered at the CHL, the MMR vaccine – a vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles) – is at no cost.
“We are eager to continue to provide an accessible, convenient, no-cost solution for Purdue employees and covered dependents, and this is just another way we are able to best serve the population,” said Jen Hodges, director, Center for Healthy Living.
Appointments are not required at the CHL, but it is preferred that you call ahead to ensure the vaccine is available and your name is added to the nurse schedule. If you are not currently a patient at the center, you will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork as well as sign an MMR consent form. The CHL is located in Purdue West, next to Follett’s Bookstore.
For more information on the measles, refer to CDC’s “Questions about Measles.”
The CHL was originally mentioned in a recent Purdue Today article about locations on campus where the vaccine was being administered.
Questions about the vaccine can be directed to the Center for Healthy Living at 765-494-0111.
- June 2019 Issue 8
- Employee feedback helps shape 2020 benefits enrollment
- Human Resources offers discounted entry fees for ‘Purdue Boilermaker Half-Marathon & 5K’
- ‘Men’s Health Month’ raises awareness beneficial to men all year long
- Tiered lab benefits help you save money on all three Purdue health plans
- HSA, FSA, HRA card usage available at more locations on West Lafayette campus
- Anywhere you can go, our apps are sure to follow
- Human Resources announces changes to customer service location schedule in Stewart Center
- No-cost MMR vaccine offered at Center for Healthy Living to protect against measles, mumps, rubella
- Mark your calendars: Wellness and family-friendly programs coming up