Tiered lab benefits help you save money on all three Purdue health plans
Helping employees keep their medical costs down is a priority for Human Resources – Benefits and aligns with the Healthy Boiler Program as well. A common need among individuals when it comes to healthcare is lab work. It’s good to know that when you are in need or looking for a location to have your lab work done, you have options on the West Lafayette campus.
The Center for Healthy Living (CHL) has you covered, as well as Purdue Student Health Services (PUSH). Both locations offer Tier 1 laboratory services provided by MidAmerica Clinical Laboratory (MACL), which is in network with all major insurance plans, including all three Purdue health plans. Tiered lab benefits will help you save money, regardless of which Purdue health plan you have selected. Generally, the cost for lab work at a Tier 1 lab will be less than any other lab.
The CHL is located at 1400 W. State Street, Building B, Suite C and is open for medical services 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Lab hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Contact the CHL at 765-494-0111.
PUSH is located at 601 Stadium Mall Drive and is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays. (Note: Saturday hours are during the academic year only.) Contact PUSH at 765-494-1700.
When the West Lafayette campus isn’t an option, don’t worry; there are other resources available. In an effort to help employees find the best care at the most cost-effective prices based on Purdue’s health plans, Human Resources has created a Who to call / Where to go web page. The web page showcases referral locations for services, including lab work for all three Purdue campus areas – West Lafayette, Fort Wayne and Northwest (Westville and Hammond).
Utilizing the Anthem Care & Cost Finder can also help you find a lab (and other medical needs such as doctors, specialists, hospitals, procedures, etc.). One quick search provides cost and quality details about in-network options. From your computer or mobile device, Care and Cost Finder is your one-stop shop to manage your healthcare budget. To learn more:
- See the Care & Cost Finder demo
- Watch the Anthem Anywhere App demo
- Review information on how to register for Care & Cost Finder
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222, toll free at 877-725-0222 or via email at email@example.com.
- June 2019 Issue 8
- Employee feedback helps shape 2020 benefits enrollment
- Human Resources offers discounted entry fees for ‘Purdue Boilermaker Half-Marathon & 5K’
- ‘Men’s Health Month’ raises awareness beneficial to men all year long
- Tiered lab benefits help you save money on all three Purdue health plans
- HSA, FSA, HRA card usage available at more locations on West Lafayette campus
- Anywhere you can go, our apps are sure to follow
- Human Resources announces changes to customer service location schedule in Stewart Center
- No-cost MMR vaccine offered at Center for Healthy Living to protect against measles, mumps, rubella
- Mark your calendars: Wellness and family-friendly programs coming up