Healthy Boiler Newsletter Issue 8
Following open enrollment last fall, more than 1,550 employees gave us their input on our benefits open enrollment survey. Thanks to all who participated! Your feedback matters—and we take it seriously. In fact, you’ve already seen some changes and will continue to see changes throughout this fall’s open enrollment period as a direct result of the survey feedback.
The Healthy Boiler Program continues to offer and champion overall well-being opportunities for Boilermakers as the university strives to promote wellness within the university population. Following a successful showing of Boilermakers participating in the One America 500 Festival, Human Resources (HR) again is offering an opportunity for healthy Boilers to strut their stuff.
While June is recognized annually as “Men’s Health Month,” – to raise awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of diseases among men and boys – it’s a given that men’s health should be a priority each month.
Helping employees keep their medical costs down is a priority for Human Resources – Benefits and aligns with the Healthy Boiler Program as well. A common need among individuals when it comes to healthcare is lab work. It’s good to know that when you are in need or looking for a location to have your lab work done, you have options on the West Lafayette campus.
Human Resources is alerting faculty and staff that they can now use their health savings account (HSA), flexible spend account (FSA) and health reimbursement account (HRA) cards at several new places on the West Lafayette campus.
In today’s digital world, the majority of individuals are on their smartphones more than not. As technology continues to develop, the availability of mobile apps is keeping pace as well. According to App Annie’s “The State of Mobile 2019,” there were 194 billion worldwide app downloads in 2018.
Beginning this week, the Human Resources customer service location in Stewart Center, Room G66, will change its regular hours and schedule to Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
As a reminder to benefits-eligible faculty and staff (and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan), the Center for Healthy Living (CHL) on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus has the MMR vaccine available.
Type 2 diabetes, sleep awareness, social wellness, breastfeeding, retirement savings, making nutrition fun for kids, retirement savings and more are the topics for the Center for Healthy Living and family-friendly workshops being offered third quarter of 2019. Workshops are free to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan.
- June 2019 Issue 8
- Employee feedback helps shape 2020 benefits enrollment
- Human Resources offers discounted entry fees for ‘Purdue Boilermaker Half-Marathon & 5K’
- ‘Men’s Health Month’ raises awareness beneficial to men all year long
- Tiered lab benefits help you save money on all three Purdue health plans
- HSA, FSA, HRA card usage available at more locations on West Lafayette campus
- Anywhere you can go, our apps are sure to follow
- Human Resources announces changes to customer service location schedule in Stewart Center
- No-cost MMR vaccine offered at Center for Healthy Living to protect against measles, mumps, rubella
- Mark your calendars: Wellness and family-friendly programs coming up